This is something I decided to do a while back, convert one of my Quadgrows into a 4 pot Wilma system. I was going to wait until the end of the growing season to do it, ready for next season….. however, I bought the bits I needed, and went ahead and did it today 🙂
The “bits” included, a pump, some pipe 2mm & 13 mm, two nipple connectors, stop end and fast flow drippers and a bag of clay pellets.
The first job, was to take the plants out of the Quadgrow, and wash the roots off in warm water.
Next I fitted the pump into the reservoir and joined all the pipe work up, filled the reservoir with 30 litres of water with nutrients added and tested the drippers.
When I was happy it was running correctly with no leaks, I washed the clay pebbles, filled the pots and put the plants back in.
It works a treat ! And it should improve the plants and therefore produce more pods….hopefully !
The good thing is, I haven’t actually altered the design in any way, so still have a fully functional Quadgrow if ever I want to change back 😉
I’ve also decided to convert the other Quadgrows at the end of the season….can’t wait !